National Telangana

The body of a Telangana man was removed from the tree three days after his suicide

Hyderabad: On Tuesday, three days after a man hanged himself in a village in Nizamabad district of Telangana, his body was brought down from the tree and shifted for autopsy after an assurance by the authorities that along with his family there will be justice.

Tension prevailed in the village of Nayavanandi as people demand justice for the family. Opposing the police’s attempt to shift the body of T.Gangadhar.

A 43 years old man hanged himself for allegedly harassing police in connection with the suspicious death of a woman.

The villagers were demanding Rs 25 lakh compensation for Gangadhar’s family and employment for the family. He was found hanging from a tree in village on Sunday.

Police questioned him about the woman’s death in suspicious circumstances. His family and villagers allege that he was harassed and beaten by police. He alleged that unable to tolerate harassment and torture, Gangadhar committed suicide.

After protests by villagers, Inspector General (Nizamabad Range) N Shiva Shankar Reddy formed a special team to investigate Gangadhar’s suicide.

Several high officials talked to the villagers and finally on Tuesday they allowed the police to transfer the body.

A female farmer named P.Mamatha was found dead in suspicious circumstances on her agricultural land in the same village on October 3. As part of the investigation into the case, police questioned Gangadhar several times.

Gangadhar’s wife Mallavva alleged that during interrogation, the police brutally beat her husband and forced him to confess to the crime.

According to police, they were interrogating some suspects, including Gangadhar. He had also moved the court, seeking permission to conduct narco analysis tests on the accused, but in the meantime Gangadhar committed suicide.

Nizamabad MP Arvind Dharmapuri visited Gangadhar’s house to console his family. He also spoke to Director General of Police Mahendra Reddy on the matter.

The BJP leader alleged that Gangadhar’s suicide was the result of police brutality, and claimed that a supporter of the local TRS MLA was involved in the woman’s death.

In October, some locals staged a protest in front of the police station, alleging that the authorities investigating Mamta’s death were not seeing some suspects due to their political connections.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *