National Telangana

Woman dies in house fire; Husband injured

Hyderabad: Police said the woman died and her husband was injured in a fire in their house here on Monday.

The incident took place at Vanasthalipuram on the city outskirts at around eight in the morning.

A fire caused by the short circuit engulfed a Balakrishna’s house in FCI Colony of Vanasthalipuram police station area under Rachkonda Police Commissionerate.

Balakrishna’s 42-year-old wife Saraswati died in the accident.

Balakrishna, who took out his two children safely, was injured in an attempt to save his wife. He was admitted to a private hospital in LB Nagar.

Fire extinguisher reached the spot to extinguish the fire on the second floor of the house.
The body was taken to Osmania Hospital for post-mortem.

Sawaraswati and her husband were teachers in a government school. Police suspect that the fire was caused by the short circuit.

A police officer said that the cause would be known only after a thorough investigation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *