Hyderabad: A fire broke out in a chemical company in the Jeedimetla industrial area on Saturday morning. No casualties were reported.
According to police, the fire spread to plastic drums which is full of chemicals, causing a deep fire and smoke.
Company workers who saw the flames alerted police and the fire department. The chemical blasts spread panic in the area.
Two fire engines were taken to the scene and the flames were doused away in about two hours and the damaged property is to be estimated.
In another incident, a minor fire broke out in a scrap warehouse in industrial areas in Mailardevpally on the city outskirts.
No one was hurt in the incident as the warehouse was closed.
Police suspect that an electrical short circuit triggered the fire.
Officials said that around 1 a.m., local residents noticed fire and thick smoke from the warehouse, which is surrounded by residential colonies.
A fire engine was rushed to the scene, but with no fire extinguished, another fire engine also started extinguishing the fire. The warehouse was filled with plastic scrap material, due to which dense smoke engulfed the surrounding areas, causing panic among the residents.